Seacon – Geschäftsführer
Seacon adds value by offering total logistics solutions, which help customers to remain focused on their core operational activities. The organization works with strategical effective multimodal locations that can be reached via water, railway and road.
What does the job involve?
The Country Director Germany is an insider in the world of logistics, shows an entrepreneurial attitude and has a keen eye for balancing opportunities and risk. He is a natural born leader who is able to find a balance between developing the internal organization and developing the position of Seacon in Germany. A networker who can retain customers and build up customer turnover. Develops and maintains a strong (inter)national network in the logistics sector, especially within Germany.
A hands-on leader focussing on creating a strong team and a keen eye for personal development of employees. Leads by example, inspires the team and is easily accessible for employees from all organizational levels. Decisive if the situation requires so without turning into a mirco-manager.
The Country Director attracts and retains (chain)customers within the German market and develops a country specific commercial process, resulting in higher customer satisfaction and stronger financial results. Steering the business with a focus on margin development.
Main result areas
- Realize financial and commercial objectives
Financial and commercial objectives for Germany have been realized in accordance with plans and targets.
- Formulating and realizing organization plans and policies
Organizational plans and policies have been drawn up, directed and realized, in such a way that vision and strategy of Seacon Logistics have been translated into the German operation and objectives in terms of organizational development have been realized.
- Optimize processes
Processes are optimized and realized, processes are efficiently and effectively arranged, aligned with the business lines and form a coherent whole.
Displaying effective – and if need be hands on – leadership resulting in teamwork and an effective, future-proof workforce.
- Maintain and growing the network
The (commercial) network is maintained and expanded and can be used to realize the goals of the organization.
You’re knowledge and experience
- Academic level (working and thinking), finished bachelor’s or master’s degree in (for example) commercial economics, business administration, business economics or logistics / supply chain management, with additional management trainings;
- At least five years’ experience as Niederlassungsleiter/Geschäftsführer in international logistics (preferably maritime) sector (transport, storage, forwarding, distribution and logistics), with a primary responsibility for commerce, operations and financial goals;
- At least ten years’ working experience in Germany;
- Extensive experience with leadership and international collaboration, preferably in an international organization with a Dutch Head Office;
- Fluency in both written and spoken German
- Excellent command of English.
Seacon Logistics (hereafter Seacon) is a Dutch company that was established in 1985. The organization’s Headquarters are located in Venlo, the Netherlands. At present, the organization lives the following mission statement: “Value through know-how”. Seacon adds value by offering total logistics solutions, which help customers to remain focused on their core operational activities. The organization works with strategical effective multimodal locations that can be reached via water, railway and road. In addition, Seacon offers customs services and 250.000 m² well located warehouse facilities. From the very beginning, Seacon specialises in overseas forwarding.
In 1986, Seacon started a collaboration with ECT Rotterdam; together they build the first multimodal terminal in Venlo. In the following years, Seacon strengthened their name as an international logistics chain partner – mainly through developing tri-modal locations. Today, the organization employs over 700 staff in diverse locations throughout the world. Seacon solves complex logistic issues at the hands of a network of global partners throughout 75 countries. Germany (Duisburg and Neuss) in particular, is a market of growing (strategic) importance.
If you want more information about the profile or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply by pressing the button 'Solliciteer nu'.